Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Adding Scenes

I'm not really using the story to teach as much as I am using the whole setting to teach.  I think that's really easier to do; I haven't played many games that used the plot to teach.  Mind, EcoQuest II did a good job of it, but it doesn't really count for the second question since I didn't play it for the Playing to Learn topic.  I think that my game's been influenced by the King's Quest series - I can at least say that I've got better graphics than King's Quest I! - and this Arthurian game I played once called Arthur: Quest for Excalibur.  In fact, the very basics of the plot (hero must recover Excalibur, which has been stolen) are the same in both my game and that game.  Other than that, they're very different - Quest for Excalibur is much better.  It has leprechauns.  Well, a leprechaun.  For a few minutes.  And a kraken.  Krakens are cool now.

No comments:

Post a Comment